In 1822, a group of Methodists began meeting at the log home of John Scane. Six years later a service was held once a month at the new log school house with Rev. Ferguson, a Wesleyan Methodist presiding.
By 1858, a Wesley Methodist Church was built on the south side of Ebenezer Street between Erie and Church Streets. Construction of a new building on Erie Street South began in 1875. The new church, named The Methodist Church, Ridgetown, was built on land donated by the family of John Mitton. The church, which could accommodate six hundred worshippers, was illuminated by suspended gas lamps, which could be lowered for lighting.
In 1925, with the union of the Methodist, Presbyterian, and Congregational churches, we became Erie Street Untied Church.
In the fall of 2008, we moved to our present location at 7 Erie Street North.
7 Erie Street North, Ridgetown, Ontario